Heavy-Duty Dual-Side Drive
Versatile and Expandable
The Challenger is your best value for high-production conventional or precision plasma, as well as heavy duty oxy-fuel cutting applications. A time-proven design featuring sturdy, long-lasting components will boost your production to new levels. The Challenger is available in standard cutting widths of 6’, 8’ or 10’ (1.8m, 2.4m, or 3m). Rail extensions may be added to increase the standard 12’ (3.7m) effective cutting length up to 52’ (15.8m).
Challenger DXD is available with Hypertherm EDGE Connect CNC Control. This industrial PC-based control runs in a user-friendly yet powerful Windows 10 environment and has a 19.5” Projected Capacitive (PCAP) touch-screen.
The new Challenger DXD series builds on the time tested Challenger platform. A powerful dual-side drive system replaces the traditional single-side drive, and rides on precision machined and flame hardened tongue-in-groove 90# T-Rails mounted on 6” x 8” (150mm x 200mm) steel tube pedestals. To ensure a smooth and accurate motion, crowned truck wheels with self-cleaning wipers are used. The Rail Axis has a Helical Rack-and-Pinion Drive System, and the cross axis has 25 mm High Speed Self Lubricating Linear Bearings.
Challenger DXD also features new Clean Deck design, which provides maximum protection for cables and hoses, while providing easy access for routine maintenance and service.
The Sensor THC integrated torch height control system from Hypertherm is standard. Pierce heights are accurately set prior to each arc start and torch-to-plate distance is precisely maintained during cutting. These systems utilize fast response servo motors for optimal cut quality. Challenger DXD can be equipped with a wide variety of conventional or precision plasma systems up to 400 Amps from Hypertherm for production cutting capacity of up to 2” in steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
C&G Systems has designed its DXD series of machines around Hypertherm’s SureCut Technology processes, which include True Hole and Rapid Part. By seamlessly integrating the full suite of genuine Hypertherm controls, ProNest software, and XD or XPR plasma systems, Superior hole quality and significant improvements in productivity are achieved. True Hole Technology automatically optimizes system settings to produce superior hole quality, often eliminating the need for secondary operations. Rapid Part intelligently retracts the torch to next pierce height with rapid Z-axis motion, pre-flows gases during IHS or during machine motion, and optimizes motions between cuts. This typically results in an 80% reduction in cut-to-cut cycle time, and a reduction in overall cycle time of 50% (most significant improvements are achieved on plates with high part/pierce counts). The Challenger DXD can be equipped with Hypertherm’s XPR 170, XPR 300, or HPR-400XD plasma systems.
Challenger DXD can be equipped with up to 4 oxy-fuel stations. Heavy-duty high performance oxy-fuel components are your guarantee of superior productivity. The optional gas system includes twin sets of high and low pre-heat regulators to produce fast pierce rates and balanced torch flames, even with multiple torches. A domed high-flow oxygen regulator provides adjustable pierce rate control and outstanding flow capacity. The standard Victor MT318 torch is designed for cutting plate up to 12” (300mm) thick.
- Standard Cutting Widths of 6’, 8’ or 10’ (1.8m, 2.4m, or 3m)’
- Standard Effective Cutting Length is 12’ (3.7m).
- Rail Extensions in 4’, 8’, and 16’ (1.2m, 2.4m, and 4.9m) Increments up to 52’ (15.8m) Available.
- Welded Steel Construction
- Cutting Station Capacity
- 5 Stations Maximum
- Up To 2 Plasma Stations
- Up To 4 Oxy-Fuel Stations
- 1 Marking Station
- Industrial PC-Based Hypertherm EDGE Connect CNC Controller
- Integrated Sensor Torch Height Control System
- Easy-To-Use 19.5” PCAP Touch Screen Operation
- Windows 10 Based Operating System
- Solid State Hard Drive – USB Ports
- 750 Watt AC Dual-Side Servo Drives
- Up To 600 IPM
- Plasma Systems
- 200 Amp MaxPro 200 Oxygen Plasma
- XPR 170 or 300 X-Definition Precision Plasma
- HPR 400XD HyPerformance Plasma
- 25mm High Speed, Self Lubricating Bearings on Precision Linear Ways
- Hardened 90#, Tongue-In-Groove T-Rail System
- Helical Gear Rack & Pinion
- New Clean Deck Design
- Protects Cables and Hoses During Operation
- Provides Easy Access for Routine Maintenance and Service
- Heavy-Duty Power Track on all Axis for Hose and Cable Management
- Up To 5 Plasma and Oxy-Fuel Cutting Stations
- Plate Marking Station
- Fiber-Optic or Wireless Communication Package
- Air Exhaust or Water Cutting Tables
- Heat Shields
- Exhaust Systems
- Dedicated Air Compressors & Dryers
- Professional CAD/CAM and Nesting Software Packages
Download and Print Brochures