Taurus Models 2000 and 3000
The Taurus is C&G Systems’ precision, large-format machine series. The Taurus line is designed for use with the latest in today’s Precision Plasma cutting systems as well as multi-head oxy-fuel applications. With pedestal or floor mounted rails, Taurus is available in standard widths from 5’ (1.5m) to 24’ (7.3m), and can be extended to over 150’ (45m) in length.
Plasma & Oxy-Fuel Cutting
This large format machine is capable of carrying up to ten cutting stations. Taurus can be equipped with up to 4 plasma stations with power to 1,000 amps. Up to 8 oxy-fuel stations with automatic ignition can be installed for maximum productivity.
Heavy Duty Frame & Rail System
Rugged frame and rail system components are designed to perform in the most demanding environments. Large structural steel tubing is welded together to form the end trucks and cross axis beam. Mating assembly surfaces are precision machined and ground for maximum accuracy. Large diameter crowned and hardened truck wheels glide over precision machined, tongue-in-grooved sections of hardened 90# T-Rails. Precision AGMA gear rack insures repeatability and accuracy throughout the entire cutting envelope.
The Taurus line comes standard with a PC-based Burny 10 LCD+ CNC controller. Dual-stage planetary gear-heads with Helicamber gear technology mounted directly to 750 Watt SERCOS high-torque servo motors, provide exacting motion control and ultra smooth cut surfaces. Digital SERCOS interfaced amplifiers insure accurate control of machine motion from 1-900 IPM (.03 – 22.9 m/min.).
Torch Height Control
Taurus is equipped with an Inova plasma torch height control system. Pierce height is precisely set each time the arc starts. The high-resolution (+/-4V) arc voltage regulator controls and constantly maintains the torch-to-work distance during cutting to optimize the quality and finish of your plasma cut parts. Arc voltage set point, pierce height, cut height and retract distance are all displayed and adjusted on the Inova’s LCD touch screen.
C&G Systems offers a full line of options to configure and customize your Taurus with. Options include: motorized oxy-fuel stations with automatic ignition, plate marking system, air or water cutting tables, heat shields, exhaust systems, dedicated compressor systems, professional CAD/CAM, and nesting software packages.
- Standard Cutting Widths From 8’ – 24’ (2.4m – 7.3m)
- Custom Widths Available Upon Request
- Standard Length Is 13’ (4m), With Extensions Up To 150’ Available In 4’ (1.2m), 8’ (2.4m), and 16’ (4.9m) Increments
- Constructed Of Heavy Structural Steel Tubing
- Cutting Station Capacity
- 10 Stations Maximum
- Up To 4 Plasma Stations
- Up To 8 Oxy-Fuel Stations
- 1 Marking Station
- Precision Plasma Systems Up To 1,000 Amps Available
- Integrated PC-Based Burny 10 LCD Plus Controller
- Easy-To-Use 15″ TFT Touch Screen Operation
- Windows XP Based Operating System
- 80 GB Hard Drive / 1 GB RAM
- USB Ports / 3.5″ Diskette Drive
- 900 IPM Drive Package
- SERCOS 750 Watt, Brush-less AC Drive Motors
- Precision Machined And Hardened Linear Ways
- Pedestal Or Floor Mounted Rail Systems
- Hardened 90#, Tongue-In-Groove T-Rails
- Band Drive Torch Positioning
- Enclosed Power-Track On All Axis
- Conventional Or Precision Plasma
- Plasma Station Collision Sensor
- Plate Marking Station
- Fiber-Optic Or Wireless Communication Package
- Air Exhaust Or Water Cutting Tables
- Heat Shields
- Exhaust Systems
- Dedicated Air Compressors & Dryers
- Professional CAD/CAM And Nesting Software Packages
Download and Print Brochures